Thursday, October 30, 2014

Help a brotha' out?

For no real good reason I wanted cheering up today and I went to watch one of my favorite little videos: the Navy's VAW-116 "Sun Kings" take on the OutKast tune "Hey Ya" and, guess what..?
You can't see it anymore.

I get it; OutKast makes its money from music. The Sun Kings probably didn't bother to get the rights to use their music when they made the video. If OutKast lets anyone who wants to play it play it for free, well...pretty soon they can't make a living. I wish that wasn't true, but people are just greedy bastards and that's that.

But, geez, guys.

You couldn't make an exception for a bunch of funny squids? Give 'em permission to use it just for that video? It's goddamn funny and it makes great use of your music - I found you through them, guys!

C'mon. Help some silly sailors out, K?

2 comments:

Ael said...

I can still watch it.

The tune is catchy as ever.

:)

Leon said...

We here in commie-loving Canada can still enjoy the antics of your capitalistic-running-dog oppressor pilots singing catchy imperialist tunes.

I always liked their "Pump It" rendition more.