Friday, October 11, 2013

Friday Jukebox: Soothing Japanese Techno-Pop Edition



Dunno. A friend of mine sent me this, and I just put it on repeat and worked at my desk for about an hour while it played, occasionally peeking in to watch the sararīmen do their odd little herky-jerky dances.

It's been a busy week, that Tours post is being a stone-cold bitch, and I've had to completely shun the electronic news because otherwise I risk just going out and forcing some poor idiot with a fucking Teatard bumper sticker off the road, jerking him out of his car, and beating him over the head with a fucking fence picket. So this was perfect: I wanted something mindless and soothing and poppy and this worked a treat.

Hope you had a good week and are looking forward to a good weekend.

(After I put the first video on heavy rotation I found this one, even more ridiculously Japanese-techno-poppy cool. The bit at the end, where the Boys are doing all sorts of crazy moves in front of Leon Trotsky's tomb? Completely insane with awesomesauce. Enjoy.

4 comments:

Syrbal/Labrys said...

I have given serious thought to buying a t-shirt that says "I am medicated for your protection" to wear every time I have to leave my property in this dumb-ass filled red county on the blue side of my state.

Except, I am NOT medicated. So, yeah, something .....just avoiding going out is best right now. Still waiting to find out what face-saving concessions were made by Obama to get the Rethugs to fund the government...and for how long before we go through this same shit AGAIN.

FDChief said...

Well, the bottom line is that this mess is exposing some pretty crippling faults in our Constitutional system. Juan Linz once commented (about a separately elected presidential/congressional system like ours): “All such systems are based on dual democratic legitimacy: No democratic principle exists to resolve disputes between the executive and the legislature about which of the two actually represents the will of the people.”

And that's without this whole ridiculous debt ceiling fiasco, which allows a MINORITY of the legislature to, effectively, destroy the functionality of the remaining branches of government.

Linz said that presidential-legislative systems collapsed everywhere they were tried because the two factions fell to fighting for control. And that the U.S. was different because of “the uniquely diffuse character of American political parties.”

In his time the GOP had the Rocekefeller wing and the Dems the Dixiecrats. Now we have one racially and economically polyglot party of center-left technocracy and one ethnically homogenous racist reactionary party that is trying to gain by naked force what it cannot will democratically.

So I can't see a way out of this. The house is divided against itself, the naked weapons have been brought out. At this point to me the only question is who will go to the wall; will the remnants of the New Deal allow themselves to be destroyed, or will they destroy the remnants of the Confederacy?

Big Daddy said...

Next time you see a Randian teatard comfort yourself with the thought of them becoming John Scalzi's bon mot "thin strips of Objectivist Jerky" if they get what they want.
original is here http://whatever.scalzi.com/2010/09/26/tax-frenzies-and-how-to-hose-them-down/

Syrbal/Labrys said...

:::sigh::: I see so many ways for us all to be fucked up, fucked over, and fucked out that I may resort to an herbal anti-depressant. I am going to do the dishes, take a bath, get dressed and go to Ballard to hear a concert of music by Grieg. I need to take my mind away from it all, and I've got to say "Calgon" ain't cutting it.